There’s nothing better than enjoying a nice warm cup of coffee on a cold morning but the only problem that most people have is that they are unable to afford purchasing coffee from big chains around the globe. If you’re one of the individuals who prefers to save their money for other expenses such as bills or vacations, using a recipe for a mocha latte can help to prevent you from popping into your local coffee shop first thing in the morning. Plus, if you’re ever spending the night at a friend’s house and do not want to go out the next morning, this recipe could also come to your aid.
Mocha lattes have become incredibly popular as the majority of recipes consist of mostly milk and a little bit of coffee, with that being said, it’s perfect for people who want a more flavorful drink in comparison to straight black coffee. Below are the steps that you can take in order to create the perfect mocha latte for you, your friends, or your family.
(Based on one serving)
- Mocha Syrup (Can be purchased from local coffee shops or grocery stores)
- ¼ Cup of Cocoa Powder (Make sure that it is not ground chocolate)
- ½ Cup of Sugar (You can use less, depending on how sweet you want your latte to be)
- 1 Teaspoon of Vanilla Extract (There are many recipes available to make your own so that you don’t have to use generic vanilla)
- 2 Teaspoons of Coffee (Choose your favorite coffee blend for the perfect flavor)
- ¼ Cup of Hot Water
- ¾ Cup of Hot Milk (If you have a steamer, consider steaming the milk)
- Brew your 2 teaspoons of coffee with ¼ cup of hot water
- Once milk has been steamed or warmed, add a ¾ cup of milk to the coffee
- Mix in vanilla, sugar, and cocoa powder
- Dress the top of your latte with the syrup
- Drink and enjoy
With the use of the aforementioned recipe, you will be able to brew the perfect mocha latte every time. Not only is the recipe simple to follow, but it also calls for a small amount of ingredients, therefore it is quite cost efficient. It is important that you try to follow the recipe as many times as possible to determine what your preferred ratio of ingredients is.
It is known throughout the world that the most popular drink ordered from coffee shops during the summer is a Frappuccino. With the combination of ice chips, delicious coffee, and a sweet milky taste with every sip, what’s not to love? With that being said, companies who are aware of how popular this drink is generally increase their price as time goes on. If you are an individual who is working on a budget, you may want to consider making your own mocha Frappuccinos at home, rather than relying on local coffee shops. The following recipe is delicious and simple to follow, even if you have never made a coffee before in your life.
Whether you’re looking to make a mocha Frappuccino for your own enjoyment before work or if you are making a batch for friends and family during a mid-summer barbeque, this recipe will definitely impress everyone.
(Based on one serving)
- ¾ Cup of Extra Strong Coffee (You won’t want to use a mild blend for this recipe as it will take away from the coffee flavor of the drink)
- 3 Tablespoons of Sugar (You can also use a sugar substitute such as Stevia)
- 1 Cup of Milk (Consider using low-fat milk as it will still provide a creamy texture but without the added calories)
- 3 Tablespoons of Chocolate Syrup (You can also use chocolate powdered drink mix. This step is open to interpretation, if you prefer caramel you can substitute the chocolate for caramel.)
- 3 Tablespoons of Whipped Cream (To create a delicious topping)
- Brew your ¾ cup of extra strong coffee
- Chill the coffee in the fridge or freezer before proceeding with the remainder of the drink
- Add chilled coffee to a blender
- Add 6-7 ice cubes to the blender
- Add milk and sugar to the mix and start to blend the ingredients. You will want to blend until the ice has been crushed and the drink has a smooth yet icy consistency.
- Add chocolate or caramel syrup
- Top with whipped cream
- Serve and enjoy
As previously mentioned, this recipe for a mocha Frappuccino is far simpler than you could have ever imagined. Even if you are not a regular coffee drinker, these delightful drinks will entice your taste buds and help to keep you cool during the warmer months. Rather than having to pay $4.00-$6.00 for a mocha Frappuccino made in a store, you can easily make them at home with the use of this recipe.
As one of the most popular caffeinated drinks in the summer time, many individuals enjoy iced mochas in the morning or in the afternoon as their mid-day pick-me-up. With the opportunity to make your own iced mochas, you won’t have to worry about running to your local coffee shop and waiting for someone else to make your coffee. Another benefit associated with this recipe is that it allows you to play with the amount of ingredients that you put into your coffee so that you can make the perfect drink every time. With that being said, you can decide to add extra elements such as caramel, maple, or even vanilla.
If you’re looking for an inexpensive way to enjoy your favorite coffee related drink in the mornings, below is a reliable recipe that you can use to make the perfect iced mocha.
(Based on one serving)
¾ of a Strong Coffee Blend (Depending on how strong you want your coffee to be, you can also use a milder blend)
2-3 Tablespoons of Chocolate Syrup (You can choose to substitute this for chocolate drink mix if you are unable to find chocolate syrup)
1-2 Tablespoons of Sugar (Stevia also works well for this recipe)
6-7 Ice Cubes
4 Tablespoons of Half & Half (Or milk, depending on your dietary restrictions)
If you have time to spare when making the iced mocha follow step 2, if not, skip to step 3
1. Once brewed, pour your coffee into a glass
2. Place the glass in the freezer for about 5-10 minutes and allow to cool
3. Add 2-3 tablespoons of your chocolate syrup or chocolate drink mix into your coffee and mix
4. Add 1-2 tablespoons of sugar and stir
5. Add ice cubes to your drink. If you followed step 2, you may only need 2-3 cubes, whereas if your coffee is still hot you will need 6-7 cubes
6. Add half & half or milk into your coffee and stir well
7. Drink and enjoy
With the use of this simple recipe, you will undoubtedly be able to create the perfect iced mocha every time. The following tip will help make the process easier if you are a constant iced mocha drinker. Consider brewing coffee and putting it in the fridge for the next morning so that you don’t have to make new coffee every day. This time saving tip will enable you to spend more time perfecting your drink.