As one of the most popular caffeinated drinks in the summer time, many individuals enjoy iced mochas in the morning or in the afternoon as their mid-day pick-me-up. With the opportunity to make your own iced mochas, you won’t have to worry about running to your local coffee shop and waiting for someone else to make your coffee. Another benefit associated with this recipe is that it allows you to play with the amount of ingredients that you put into your coffee so that you can make the perfect drink every time. With that being said, you can decide to add extra elements such as caramel, maple, or even vanilla.
If you’re looking for an inexpensive way to enjoy your favorite coffee related drink in the mornings, below is a reliable recipe that you can use to make the perfect iced mocha.
(Based on one serving)
¾ of a Strong Coffee Blend (Depending on how strong you want your coffee to be, you can also use a milder blend)
2-3 Tablespoons of Chocolate Syrup (You can choose to substitute this for chocolate drink mix if you are unable to find chocolate syrup)
1-2 Tablespoons of Sugar (Stevia also works well for this recipe)
6-7 Ice Cubes
4 Tablespoons of Half & Half (Or milk, depending on your dietary restrictions)
If you have time to spare when making the iced mocha follow step 2, if not, skip to step 3
1. Once brewed, pour your coffee into a glass
2. Place the glass in the freezer for about 5-10 minutes and allow to cool
3. Add 2-3 tablespoons of your chocolate syrup or chocolate drink mix into your coffee and mix
4. Add 1-2 tablespoons of sugar and stir
5. Add ice cubes to your drink. If you followed step 2, you may only need 2-3 cubes, whereas if your coffee is still hot you will need 6-7 cubes
6. Add half & half or milk into your coffee and stir well
7. Drink and enjoy
With the use of this simple recipe, you will undoubtedly be able to create the perfect iced mocha every time. The following tip will help make the process easier if you are a constant iced mocha drinker. Consider brewing coffee and putting it in the fridge for the next morning so that you don’t have to make new coffee every day. This time saving tip will enable you to spend more time perfecting your drink.