It is known throughout the world that the most popular drink ordered from coffee shops during the summer is a Frappuccino. With the combination of ice chips, delicious coffee, and a sweet milky taste with every sip, what’s not to love? With that being said, companies who are aware of how popular this drink is generally increase their price as time goes on. If you are an individual who is working on a budget, you may want to consider making your own mocha Frappuccinos at home, rather than relying on local coffee shops. The following recipe is delicious and simple to follow, even if you have never made a coffee before in your life.
Whether you’re looking to make a mocha Frappuccino for your own enjoyment before work or if you are making a batch for friends and family during a mid-summer barbeque, this recipe will definitely impress everyone.
(Based on one serving)
- ¾ Cup of Extra Strong Coffee (You won’t want to use a mild blend for this recipe as it will take away from the coffee flavor of the drink)
- 3 Tablespoons of Sugar (You can also use a sugar substitute such as Stevia)
- 1 Cup of Milk (Consider using low-fat milk as it will still provide a creamy texture but without the added calories)
- 3 Tablespoons of Chocolate Syrup (You can also use chocolate powdered drink mix. This step is open to interpretation, if you prefer caramel you can substitute the chocolate for caramel.)
- 3 Tablespoons of Whipped Cream (To create a delicious topping)
- Brew your ¾ cup of extra strong coffee
- Chill the coffee in the fridge or freezer before proceeding with the remainder of the drink
- Add chilled coffee to a blender
- Add 6-7 ice cubes to the blender
- Add milk and sugar to the mix and start to blend the ingredients. You will want to blend until the ice has been crushed and the drink has a smooth yet icy consistency.
- Add chocolate or caramel syrup
- Top with whipped cream
- Serve and enjoy
As previously mentioned, this recipe for a mocha Frappuccino is far simpler than you could have ever imagined. Even if you are not a regular coffee drinker, these delightful drinks will entice your taste buds and help to keep you cool during the warmer months. Rather than having to pay $4.00-$6.00 for a mocha Frappuccino made in a store, you can easily make them at home with the use of this recipe.